Are you looking to further your career with a vibrant and up-and-coming company? Skyline QS is looking to add another member to our growing and collaborative team in our Edmonton office. We’re looking for someone who is driven, hard-working, and shares our core values:
- Remember you’re a professional
- Always be accountable
- Demonstrate your respect
- Go the extra degree
- Invest in others
- Continually earn trust
Skyline QS is currently looking for a Cost Consultant to join our team. This individual will support our team and clients and be responsible for collaborating with clients, scheduling inspections, detailed take-off property conditions, estimating, analyzing, and reporting for complex projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of previous property restoration experience or previous building consulting experience
- Strong analytical and writing skills is required
- Driven to contribute to the team and desire to learn the process of negotiation and setting files efficiently
- IICRC certifications are a plus
- Experience in estimating, construction, and or roofing would be an asset
- Adept in Xactimate or RS Means estimating would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) would be an asset
- Perform site inspections, quantify, and measure property, detail specifications and loss related damage scope of work
- Prepare cost estimates/evaluations of projects
- Prepare complete bid packages and analysis
- Prepare replacement cost value and actual cash value valuations on residential, multi-family, sports facilities, commercial properties, churches, and industrial buildings
- Liaise with clients and project representatives, and maintain ongoing professional relationships
- Review documents and analyze schedules, contracts, change orders, correspondence, daily reports, meeting minutes, monthly reports, and any additional documents relating to a project
- Maintain open collaboration throughout the project process
Skills & Abilities
- Industry-related degrees, credentials, or certifications
- Roofing contractor license and/or defined roofing experience
- Ability to travel overnight and out of province when needed
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required
- Excellent interpersonal and great organization skills
- Attention to detail and great report writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- Based out of our Edmonton office but site visits may require travel
- Skyline QS offers competitive compensation packages, including vacation and benefits package
about skyline qs
Skyline QS is a fast-growing quantity surveyor company based in Alberta, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Regina. We specialize in post-loss property inspection and assessment, insurance appraisals, bid package and bid analysis, project costing, QS cost auditing, clerk of the works, and dispute resolution.
We are a fun, dynamic, and growing organization that works diligently to provide our clients timely and reliable services. Our mission is to provide independent cost evaluation to generate peace of mind for clients across Canada. We’re looking to strategically grow our team by adding awesome members who share in our values and enjoy working together.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Cost Consultant Job Posting in the subject title.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position and we will only be contacting the eligible candidates.